Click on your region to visit your local leadership academy’s website.
- East Of England
- East Midlands
- North East
- North West
- Kent Surrey & Sussex
- South West
- West Midlands
- Thames Valley & Wessex
Reaching out – together
By working as a tight network, our national and regional reach is greater. We link up with local and national partners, bringing hundreds of years of leadership knowledge and experience together – on your doorstep. It’s also a good way to identify local talent and really get to grips with your organisation’s leadership training needs.
Our LLAs connect with your local community through their board, steering or reference group membership made up of:
- chief executives
- chief accountable officers from CCGs
- directors from the community
- acute, mental health and learning disability providers
- commissioning organisations
Delivering benefits nationwide
With funding from the NHS Leadership Academy and other resources, our LLAs help to develop local leaders and their organisations – with programmes, systems leadership, coaching, organisational development and mentoring, creating sustainable networks, innovation and research based resources.
The Academy also works directly with national partners such as NHS England, the Care Quality Commission, NHS Improvement, Health Education England, Local Government Association and Public Health England to bring our regional offering into line with the national picture, emergent thinking and to design/commission local work programmes.
Thanks to our LLAs, the NHS Leadership Academy is able to:
- deliver national professional leadership programmes
- provide local support to graduates on the NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme – working with over 200 trainees every year,
- co-create the Academy’s national systems leadership and talent management programme
- support the development of the healthcare leadership model.