How you will learn
The programme is hosted on FutureLearn, an online learning platform utilised by world-class universities and organisations. At different stages of the programme, you can collaborate with other learners, share ideas, and join in with active discussions. The programme is delivered fully online giving you total control of where, when, and how you learn and the opportunity to complete it in your own time, at your own pace.
If you work or study in the United Kingdom and have a role or a placement in health, care, local authority, or a voluntary sector organisation you can the join the course without charge. The course is hosted by our partner FutureLearn, for a free programme upgrade apply through the NHS Leadership Academy before starting the programme. The upgrade enables you to obtain a free certificate of achievement. For more details of eligibility for a free upgrade please read the requirements.
Participants will be able to:
- analyse their own contexts and describe the nature of the issues they are facing to determine where system leadership would be appropriate
- explain the value of system leadership and be able to share this with others
- reflect on their leadership styles and behaviours and contrast these with those necessary in systems leadership
- engage and build relationships with others in order to share perspectives, be curious about differences and build a shared purpose.
- increased understanding and capability within each organisation around what it means to work at a system level
- increased collaboration across organisations
- to encourage new ways of working
- to enable better outcomes for people using health and care services.